BISHTA, the British and Irish Spa and Hot Tub Association were established in 2001 to ensure that companies engaged in the display and sale of hot tubs are adequately trained in water hygiene management and understand the importance of maintaining these Standards. BISHTA exists to promote high standards of safety, enjoyment and value, by registering suppliers of spas, hot tubs, accessories and water purification products.
BISHTA has a world-renowned team of experts on hand to offer support and assist with issues or any questions.
To ensure you are buying your Hot Tub or Swim Spa from a trusted source, please look out for the BISHTA logo and ask the Hot Tub / Swim Spa retailer for proof of membership (Membership Certificate). All BISHTA approved members work to the BISHTA Code of Ethics and BISHTA Standards. You can also contact the BISHTA office and we can confirm membership. Hot Tubs and Swim Spas are high ticket items, it can, therefore, be reassuring to know that you are purchasing from a trusted retailer who’s company has been approved by the British and Irish Spa and Hot Tub Association.
- BISHTA exists to promote high standards of safety, enjoyment and value, by registering suppliers of spas, hot tubs, accessories and water purification products.
- Those who satisfy BISHTA’s entry requirements are able to apply for membership.
- BISHTA members follow strict guidelines in Spa and Hot Tub safety and trading practices.
- They have personnel trained in water hygiene and treatment.
- They are committed to observing the BISHTA Standards and a Code of Ethics.
- They have the back up of BISHTA technical advice and help in the unlikely event of a dispute.
- For more technical information, visit Howard Gosling’s website, who is BISHTA’s Technical Adviser.
- Water Treatment Training Courses: These are available to members and non-members. Click here to view the full syllabus.
- BISHTA companies can be found in the member finder.
- Look for the BISHTA logo, only members are allowed to display it.
- BISHTA has included some Consumer Advice to ensure that you ask the right questions before you buy.
Are you looking to;
- Install a swimming pool?
- Looking for a pool maintenance specialist?
- Need to renovate your pool?
- Looking to add an Enclosure or Pool Cover?
- Want to buy Pool Accessories?
For Swimming Pool advice and to find trusted swimming pool specialists visit our sister trade association SPATA, the Swimming Pool and Allied Trades Association. A consumer service which helps to put you in touch with the right people and gives you peace of mind!