The Code of Ethics can be a valuable way of positively differentiating BISHTA Members from other companies in our industry. This helps to give consumer confidence, that you are dealing with reputable companies who abide by the BISHTA standards.
The BISHTA members’ Code of Ethics is set out below.
- At no time, knowingly or wittingly to do any act that could reasonably be construed as bringing the Member Company into disrepute and consequently the Industry generally and the Association in particular.
- At all times to trade ethically both with the public generally and the Industry in particular.
- At all times to comply with the Association’s Standards for Self-Contained (Portable) Spas and for Hot Tubs, and to abide by the Rules and Regulations of the Association.
- At all times to comply with the procedures and instructions issued by the Association for the treatment of Spa and Hot Tub water in the interest of the safety of the public.
- To comply in all respects with the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 and any other subsequent acts or regulations amending or replacing the same so far as goods supplied by the Members are concerned.
- To advertise and market so that the nature and extent of the products and services advertised and offered by the Company are fully understood by the prospective client. At all times to comply with the requirements of the Advertising Standards Authority.
- Where a self-contained (portable) Spa or Hot Tub is supplied either directly to a Member of the Public or to a Spa Retailer there shall be supplied sufficient instructions and information generally as to the proper operation and maintenance of that Spa or Hot Tub. In particular, handover certificates and other relevant documentation prescribed by the Association shall accompany the product during each transaction
- Not to derogate in any way a competitor’s product or services.
- To use one’s best endeavours to fulfil all contractual obligations.
- To offer a clear and reasonable warranty of products and services and to perform on such warranties where justifiable claims are made within a suitable time period.
BISHTA offers a range of informative factsheets on a complimentary basis. These are designed to make hot tub and swim spa ownership and maintenance understandable. Click Here to view and download these.