The British and Irish Spa and Hot Tub Association (BISHTA) share tips on the health and social benefits of owning a Hot Tub and where to find trusted retailers.
The popularity of Hot Tub ownership in the UK is on the increase, with homeowners investing in domestic Hot Tubs and Spas to enhance their lifestyles as well as providing many owners with a way of easing ailments through the health benefits of hydrotherapy.
Figures supplied by the British and Irish Spa and Hot Tub Association (BISHTA), estimate that the annual number of Hot Tubs sold in the UK stands at over 10,000 units. Britain easily ranks within the top ten in the ‘World Hot Tub Market’ and figures indicate that the UK market is one of the most significant in Europe.
Easy to run, a good quality basic Hot Tub brought from a BISHTA Hot Tub retailer can be purchased for under £4,000 and can cost between £1.00 and £1.50 per day (on average) to maintain at a comfortable 40c. Higher quality Hot Tubs with added features and full-service back-up usually cost in the range of £5,000 to 20,000 with most retailers offering finance agreements, which means if ordered now, there’s good chance delivery can be made in time for Christmas.
Spas and Hot Tubs have many potential health benefits; they can ease aching limbs and tired muscles as well as providing significant psychological advantages. Medical research has shown that various physiological changes are triggered by the temperature of the water and the effects of weightlessness experienced in the spa. These changes have considerable significance in a number of areas including the relief of hypertension and joint related ailments such as rheumatism and arthritis. Children delight in them; parents love them, and older people derive great benefit from the massaging waters.
The bonus is Hot Tubs can bring a whole host of health benefits as well as providing a great new social aspect to your life.
- A Hot Tub is a great place to enjoy social activities, such as spending time with friends or getting together with the family.
- Choose the size of Hot Tub from two or up to ten people, depending on space and needs.
- A Hot Tub can be enjoyed in all seasons: from a summer BBQ party to a winter get together, being enveloped in the warm water against the cold winter is excellent.
- With the rush of modern life, a Hot Tub has also become a place for families to enjoy a catch-up and unwind after a long day at work.
- With extras such as lights, sound systems and other gadgets that could be installed along with a new Hot Tub, it’s an excellent way to lead social interaction amongst family and friends!
BISHTA recommends that consumers buy their Hot Tub from accredited members, who can give detailed advice on the use of water treatment products and the upkeep of the Hot Tub, as well as provide peace of mind that they are buying from a reputable supplier. BISHTA is the trade association for Hot Tubs and Spas, which ensure contractors and suppliers, meet industry standards to make usage safe.
For further information and to find a BISHTA member visit www.bishta.co.uk, and get the Christmas shopping all wrapped up!
PR & Marketing Manager
T: 01264 356211